XL Nickel are the industry standard in electric bass strings. With their clear fundamentals, booming tight lows, and reliable D’Addario construction, they’re trusted by players everywhere to handle any performance. XL Nickel bass strings are made with a high carbon steel core and wound with nickel-plated steel wrap wire, for consistently bright tone and smooth playability, great for a wide variety of bass styles. Made for short scale length basses, this 50-105 Medium set has higher tension, affording increased low-end response and output.
D'Addario XL Nickel Wound Electric Bass strings are world-renowned as "The Player's Choice" amongst bass players of all genres and styles. All XL strings are precision wound on our exclusive digitally-controlled machines, ensuring each string has excellent intonation, clear fundamentals, and unparalleled consistency. Each string is wound with a nickelplated steel wrap wire known for distinctive bright tone with excellent magnetic output delivering a universally appealing and versatile tone for all playing styles.
- Our best-selling electric bass strings, revered by players for their reliable performance and versatile tone.
- Nickel-plated steel wrap wire provides a bright, tight bass sound, great for a variety of musical genres.
- Like all D’Addario bass strings, XL Nickel are made with our proprietary Hex-Core, ensuring perfect intonation, consistent feel, and powerful durability.
- XL Nickel bass sets have a code on the recyclable VCI bag, which you can register to earn Players Circle points.
- XL Nickel bass guitar strings are made in the USA—drawn to our exacting specifications at our New York production facility.
- Environmentally friendly, corrosion resistant packaging for strings that are always fresh
Buy Now, Pay Later
We have a variety of interest-free options available.
Click below to prequalify without impacting your credit score.