Returns & Exchanges
I have a problem with an order.
Please call, email, or chat with us right away so we can fix the problem. We will take care of it! (856) 441-4065
I received a defective product.
Call, email or chat with us so we can troubleshoot the issue. If the item is defective or has failed under warranty within 30 days of purchase, we'll cover the costs of getting a replacement to you. If the item was used, pre-owned, previously rented, B-stock, or not otherwise covered by a manufacturer's warranty, you'll be able to return the item for an in-house credit or refund minus the cost of shipping for 90 days.
You can return new products for any reason within 14 days of purchase for an in-house credit, refund, or exchange for another item. In our experience, 14 days is a very reasonable amount of time to try a product and determine if it's right for you. If it was shipped for free, we will deduct the cost of shipping from your refund or credit. We will refuse any item that we deem has been used extensively or if we deem our return policy is being abused. Some items will incur a mandatory restocking/reconditioning fee automatically (like microphones, for example). Items bought through marketplaces (Reverb, eBay, etc) often have different return rules in effect that are more restrictive.
90-day Pre-owned Gear Warranty
Items that are marked or categorized as used, pre-owned, previously rented, or B-stock can be returned within 90 days of purchase only if they fail in that timeframe and haven't been misused or abused. Any shipping charges will be deducted from the refund or credit, and shipping back to The Laboratory is the the customer's responsibility.
How to Return
Call, email, or chat with us in order to be issued an RA (return authorization). Be sure to follow our guidelines to avoid deductions from your refund or credit:
- Get the return on it's way to us within 5 days.
- If you redeemed rewards points, you can only exchange. We will not issue a refund or in-house credit.
- If there was any special manufacturer's promotion or rebate on the item, we will adjust the refund accordingly.
- Put the RA number on the label under our name (The Laboratory). If you put it on the box we may not see it and delay your refund.
- Items must be returned in the same condition we sent them in, with all documentation, accessories, and packaging.
- Items should be double boxed for safety and so the original packaging isn't damaged.
- Items should be repacked in the original package with UPC codes intact.
- Ship via a trackable shipping service. The item is your responsibility until we receive it.
- For the same reason as above, we recommend that you insure the package.
Our return address is:
12 Somerdale Rd
Blackwood, NJ 08012
- Discontinued, close-out, used, pre-owned, previously rented, B-stock items.
- Special orders
- Speakers, tubes, and electronic parts
- Personal items (earphones/earbuds, harmonicas, whistles, and other mouth-blown instruments)
- Authorization keys
- Turntable cartridges, styli, and control vinyl
- Opened boxes of reeds
- Opened string packages