XL Nickel Wound electric guitar strings are the standard against which all other strings are measured. Our best-belling electric set, XL Nickel has been revered by players everywhere since 1974. Made with a high carbon steel core and nickel-plated steel wrap wire, XL Nickel strings have a bright, versatile tone, ideal for a wide variety of musical styles. This 12-54 Heavy gauge set is made with a plain steel 3rd/G-string for more flexibility than traditional 12-gauge electric strings.
XL Nickel Wound, D'Addario's most popular electric guitar strings, are precision wound with nickel-plated steel onto a carefully drawn, hexagonally shaped, high carbon steel core. The result is strings with long lasting, distinctive bright tone and excellent intonation, ideal for the widest variety of guitars and musical styles.
- XL Nickel are our best-selling electric guitar strings, revered by players since 1974.
- Nickel-plated steel wrap wire provides a bright, versatile electric guitar tone, great for a variety of musical genres.
- Like all D’Addario electric guitar strings, XL Nickel are made with our proprietary Hex-Core, ensuring perfect intonation, consistent feel, and reliable durability.
- XL Nickel sets have a code on the recyclable VCI bag, which you can register to earn Players Circle points.
- XL Nickel electric guitar strings are made in the USA—drawn to our exacting specifications at our New York production facility.
Buy Now, Pay Later
We have a variety of interest-free options available.
Click below to prequalify without impacting your credit score.