Coined the “third type of string,” XL Half Rounds bass strings are an excellent medium between round wound and flat wound strings. Half Rounds have a smoother feel than round wound strings, but a fuller tone than strings that are flat wound. Made with a high carbon steel core and pure nickel wrap wire, they’re finished with a precision grinding process to provide a smooth feel and reduced finger noise, with tone that's comparable to round wound bass strings. 45-100 Regular Light is our most popular bass gauge, providing a perfect blend of response and playability.
D'Addario Half Rounds bass strings are round wound with pure nickel, then precision ground, leaving the outer surface smooth and semi-flat. The result is a string with the tone and tension of round wound strings, plus a smoother feel, like that of flat wound.
- Half Rounds bass strings are an innovative combination of round and flat wound strings, providing benefits of both.
- Pure nickel wrap wire is finished with a centerless grinding process to provide a smooth feel, reduced finger noise, and tone comparable to round wound bass strings.
- Like all D’Addario bass guitar strings, XL Half Rounds are made with our proprietary Hex-Core, ensuring perfect intonation, consistent feel, and reliable durability.
- XL Half Rounds sets have a code on the recyclable VCI bag, which you can register to earn Players Circle points.
- D’Addario bass strings are made in the USA—drawn to our exacting specifications at our New York production facility.
- Environmentally friendly, corrosion resistant packaging for strings that are always fresh
Buy Now, Pay Later
We have a variety of interest-free options available.
Click below to prequalify without impacting your credit score.