Silk and Steel were uniquely designed to be our warmest, mellowest acoustic guitar string. Often preferred by folk players, the softened tone of Silk & Steel is ideal for parlor guitars and vintage instruments. Made with silver-plated copper windings, over a combination silk and steel core, the low tension and reduced finger noise of Silk & Steel is well suited for mellow acoustic vibes and fingerstyle playing. Designed for 12-string guitars, this 11-47 Light 12-string set is easy to play and provides a warm tone.
D'Addario Silk & Steel strings couple silver-plated copper wrap wire with silk for easy fingering and a mellow tone. They are excellent for smaller body acoustic guitars and preferred by many folk players.
- The tone and feel of Silk & Steel is ideal for parlor guitars and vintage instruments.
- With their low tension and reduced finger noise, Silk & Steel sets are incredibly warm and mellow, great for fingerstyle playing.
- Silk & Steel strings are made with silver-plated copper windings, over a combination silk and steel core.
- D’Addario Silk & Steel strings come with a code on the recyclable VCI bag, which you can register to earn Players Circle points.
- Our acoustic guitar strings are made in the USA—drawn to exacting specifications at our New York production facility.
Buy Now, Pay Later
We have a variety of interest-free options available.
Click below to prequalify without impacting your credit score.